Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi Gras Parade #2

The Krewe of Proteus and The Krewe of Orpheus

Blake, myself, his brother Chip, Chip's wife Kayla and Blake's friend Mike all headed down into the city last night for the Orpheus parade.
Location was in Uptown New Orleans sitting on the median (neutral ground if you are from NOLA) at the intersection of St. Charles ave. and Delachaise St.
It was my first night parade and the lights and spotlights and torch bearers really were beautiful.
Tons of beads, and a woman next to me kept handing me stuffed animals for my neices.
Afterwards was dinner (and more drinks lol) at the New Orleans Hanburger and Seafood Co. (I recommend the thin fried catfish and popcorn shrimp) then home cause we had to be up at 6am to head out to Metairie around 7am for the Krewe of Argus parade that started at 10am.
Ill have those pix up later :)















No comments: