Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mix Tape Memories.

So while in the midst of my massive cleaning jag in the house I have come across a lot of memories.
Pictures good and bad, people I never want to forget and those I'd rather not remember.
Some things priceless, some things painful.

One thing I found today struck me as particularly meaningful, throwing me into a wistful mood for simpler times. I sometimes I wish I had college to do over again, I wish I could change the person I made a priority and get back everything else I let slip past me.
I found a cassette case, with liner notes, minus the tape ,of a mix my ex made for me in college, and while I truly think he was a*****REDACTED***** when we were together I threw away, or more honestly burned, most everything he ever gave me, except for this tape. Sadly it has been lost to the sands of time but I wish wish wish I still had this tape ( yes I know I can just download it all,but it's not the same as a good old fashioned mix tape)

It completely sums up what I was listening to in 1996/97.

Enjoy.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones




The only songs I couldnt find on Project Playlist were
"Rude Awakening" by Prong
and
"Moisture" by Dishwalla

Edited to include track listing. Because you know what, the sight of his handwriting pisses me off and it needs to be thrown out. Sue me.

Side I

The Perfect Drug Nine Inch Nails
Lakinis Juice Live
Pity the Dead Bad Religion
Personal Holloway Bish
She Green Day
I'll Stick Around Foo Fighters
Zombie The Cranberries
Hooker with a Penis Tool
Long Way Down Goo Goo Dolls
Streets of America Bad Religion
Having a Blast Green Day
Suffer Bad Religion

Side II

Anasthesia Bad Religion
Rude Awakening Prong
Humans Being Van Halen
Shame Stabbing Westward
Stinkfist Tool
Greedy Fly Bush
The Plan Nada Surf
Moisture Dishwalla
What Do I Have to Do? Stabbing Westward
Infected Bad Religion
Tiny Voices Bad Religion

No comments: