Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pittsburgh Brew Fest 2009 (#14)

Friday night was Pittsburgh Brewfest at Steelhouse/Barroom/Saddle Ridge down in Station Square.

This was the second part to the awesome contest I won from the guys at Should I Drink That (If you are a beer snob you should be listening to this.)
I was excited for my second event, and a little nervous about getting to meet a lot of the people I talk to online...I guess you could call it my first Tweet-up, though I hope to get involved in more. I took my friend Natalie to the fest, and while she isn't a huge fan of beer she did find some stuff she liked. It wasn't as home brew centered as Brewing Up A Cure was, but I still had a really good time. Southern Tier, Great Lakes, Rogue, Straub, Atwater Block, Tommyknocker and Troegs to name a few (of my favorite things...)

Even better than sampling some awesome beer was meeting people I have up until last night only talked to on Twitter and Facebook, and through reading their blogs.
I had already met Doug Derda, one half of the SIDT beercast, but I also got to meet Brad (Sickpuppy) who is the other half of SIDT, Michael,Jenn,Bobby and Bethany. There were a few others there I recognized, and Michael was nice enough to point out who everyone was to me (srsly, I was like the new kid who comes into class halfway thru the year), but I didnt get a chance to meet them, it was seriosly crowded.
All in all I had a wonderful time, and am definately looking forward to attending next years event, as well as hopefully getting to hang out with some of these awesome people again.

No comments: